Council Updates the CTK COVID Plan
As the availability of vaccine and percentage of fully vaccinated people increase, and the case numbers decrease (-41% in our area over the month of April with continued decreases throughout May), the Council has made changes to our COVID plan that allow for more in-person activities beginning this June. We’re excited to be able to re-open the building a bit more and we appreciate your efforts in following all the guidelines the Council has set as we strive to love, care for, and keep all the members of our community safe during this ongoing pandemic.
Effective Immediately: No restrictions on group size for gatherings of any kind, but the council has decided to continue to require masks and social distancing during all indoor activities.
Worship will move indoors back into the sanctuary most Sundays beginning June 6th with the following considerations:
- Entry to the building for worship will be through the Sanctuary doors only (the old entrance, door 2, through the plaza).
- Masks are required for everybody, regardless of vaccination status.
- Social distancing of 6’ between people of separate households will be required. Seats and pews on the main floor and in the balcony have been marked off according the 6’ distance requirement. Please sit by household in the designated spaces and be willing to try out new spots in the sanctuary as the spaces fill!
- Singing will be done by vaccinated soloists or choir. Singing by the congregation is discouraged.
- Additional adaptations to the worship service will be made to allow for the mask and social distancing requirements. For example: Holy Communion will be shared at the end of the service outdoors in the plaza. - Sunday worship services will continue to be streamed live on our website at ctkb.org/live
- The last Sunday of the month we will continue to hold drive-in worship services to accommodate those who are not yet comfortable worshipping inside the building. Worship will move indoors on these days in the instance of rain or severe weather.