The Bartimaeus Project: Seeing the Unseen
Bartimaeus, [bar-tih-may-us], a blind beggar, received his sight from Jesus outside the walls of Jerico in Mark 10:46-52
What is the Bartimaeus Project?
Who is part of the Bartimaeus Project?
People of all ages interested in the visual arts and how it relates to faith: artists of all levels and disciplines, art appreciators and anyone who says, “I don’t have any talent but I love art.”
When do you meet?
The Bartimaeus Project meets the second Wednesday of every month at church. Newcomers are always welcome!
What do you do?
· We contribute visually to the worship services at Christ the King
· We support and encourage creative endeavors of our participants.
· We promote the relationship between art and faith through education, art displays and community involvement.
· We stay connected to the larger art community through gallery and museum visits, lectures and other special events.
· We aim to be a vital ministry at Christ the King and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
· We are open to explore and discover new directions and expressions.