WHAT IS STEPHEN MINISTRY?
- It is totally and completely confidential, one-on-one, ministry.
- It is a response to Christ’s instruction “to love one another as I have loved you”.
- It is a one-to-one lay ministry by trained, caring Christians reaching out in time of need.
- It is a helping relationship focusing on the unique needs of each person.
- It is a commitment to caring and supporting one another, to build a Christ-centered, sharing community.
A CARING CHRISTIAN – desiring to offer his/her support to others in time of need.
A SHARING CHRISTIAN – bringing who he/she is to each helping relationship, as a partner in another’s life experiences.
A TRAINED CHRISTIAN – having developed his/her helping skills through intensive coursework.
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS NOT…
A professional counselor or psychologist.
A social worker providing lots of physical services.
An expert in law, finance, church doctrine, etc.
A brief, superficial visitor “touching base” with people now and then.
- Hospitalized people
- People grieving the loss of a loved one
- People who are lonely or depressed
- People with major life transitions
- People who are separated or in the process of divorce
- People who are shut in or institutionalized
- People experiencing the birth of a child
- Dying people, and families of those who are terminally ill
- People experiencing loss of job or financial setbacks
- People and families of those in trouble with the law
- People who are new to our community
- People who are struggling with their faith in God
What do I do now
To have a
Or for my friend?
Simply contact any of the pastors for a confidential discussion. They will take it from there.
You or your friend will be well on the way to a meaningful experience.